Nochar Inc. nuclear bonding agents (N-Series) were introduced in 1999 and adopted by the U.S. nuclear weapons complex as an alternative methodology for the treatment of problematic liquid radioactive waste streams. The N-Series quickly gained acceptance for its ability to solidify and immobilize difficult radioactive waste streams, without the failures associated with standard adsorbents (surface collectors), such as clay, concrete, bitumen, and other similar products.
Over the last two decades, Nochar Inc. has developed numerous environmental and waste handling products for the nuclear industry, through years of continued research.
About N-Series Products
Our N-Series polymer technologies solidify oil, aqueous organics, acids and bases. They provide a cost-effective, high-performance solution for a wide range of liquid waste problems. More important, N-Series products provide long-term stability even under high doses of radiation, with minimal volumetric increase and minimal-to-no mixing.
Custom Engineered Nuclear Series Products
- N912 – Hydrocarbons with 1% water-based liquids
- N935 – Solidifies alcohol based liquid waste
- N940 – 100% acid solidification with a pH adjustor
- N941 – Blend for organic extraction chemicals
- N961 – Hydrocarbons with 10% water-based liquids
- N962 – Hydrocarbons with 25% water-based liquids
- N963 – Hydrocarbons with 15% water-based liquids
- N964 – Hydrocarbons with 5% water-based liquids
- N965 – Hydrocarbons with 50% water-based liquids
- N967 – 85% hydrocarbons with 15% water-based liquids
- N968 – 80% hydrocarbons with 20% water-based liquids
- N990 – Hydrocarbons with 10% water and a mineral spirit
- N991 – 100% solidifier for scint fluids
Nuclear liquid wastes treated with Nochar Inc. polymers have been successfully transported and disposed of from all former nuclear weapon sites, including Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, Hanford, Savannah River Site and others. Since their inception, our nuclear cleanup materials have also been utilized internationally, at nuclear sites in China, Canada, Russia, Romania, Slovenia, Australia, the U.K., France and many other countries worldwide.
Our polymers offer strong options for disposal and burial of the waste form. Solidified waste using Nochar’s polymer has met the criteria for long-term burial at NTS, WIPP and Envirocare sites. Our polymers have also been certified incinerable, and produce less than .02% ash.
Protocols and Test Standards
Nochar’s polymers have been subjected to rigorous testing standards at DOE sites throughout the United States and at numerous international sites as well. Following is a partial list of tests conducted. Test results are available upon request.
- 10,000 Year Survivability Test
- 76-270 Mega Rad (Gamma/Cobalt)
- Compression Testing
- Durability Testing
- Elevated Temp. Gas Generation
- Freeze/Thaw Test
- Incineration Testing
- Iodine 129 Leach Test
- Paint Filter
- Percent Carbon Testing
- Percent Hydrogen Testing
- Specific Gravity
- Ultra Violet testing
- Vibration Testing
- VOC Head Space
Industry Leading Nuclear Bonding Agents
Nochar Inc. has created numerous polymer blends to treat highly complex waste streams generated throughout the nuclear complex. Our mission is to not only provide access to proven remediation solutions, but to ensure the long-term viability of removed nuclear waste. For more information about any of our N-Series products, please contact us today at 317-613-3046.